Monday, July 22, 2013

They said what?

Kids...you just never know what they're going to say. Here are some of the head shakers that my kids have come up with over the years.


“Mommy, is chicken made out of chicken?”

“Daddy, what does onion powder taste like?”

“Mommy, does chicken come from cows?”

“I’m not really hungry, I just want food.”

I asked my wife to pick up a few things at the store.
Hearing this, my preschooler says, 
”Mommy, will you bring me some diarrhea?”

Walking across a parking lot, my tired preschooler looks up at me and says, 
“Daddy, my feet have a headache.”

In a restaurant, waiting for our food to come, I was reading the place mat which posed the question, 
“If you were alone on an island, and you could only bring one thing with you, what would it be?”  My middle schooler’s  response was, 
“A boat.”

Walking through the parking lot to the grocery store, my eight year old tripped and fell on the asphalt.  I picked her up, and checked her out, concerned that she might have hit her head.  Not finding any marks on her, I asked her, 
“What did you hit?”
With tears streaming down her face, she said, 
“I hit the ground.”

My ten year old had done something wrong, and I had sat her down to explain to her what she had done, and why it was wrong.  In the middle of explaining, I noticed that her attention had drifted away from me.  I stopped and asked, 
“What did I just say?”  
Her immediate answer was, 
“What did I just say?”


“Dad, are they selling the bank?”
“I don’t think so, why?”
“The sign on the bank says, ‘loan sale’.”

No comments:

Post a Comment