Friday, July 22, 2011

Disposable letters

Dispos ble letters  by   Mich el Kelso

     Wh t letters of the  lph bet could you do without?  I w sn’t sure myself

 until I foolishly left my word processor within re ch of my three sm ll

children for merely   moment,       eventu lly re lizing this w s more   th n

enough time for them.  Returning to the scene of the crime,  I found keys

missing.  Which ones?  Let’s just s y that if the keybo rd w s the United

St tes, ‘w’  nd ‘s’ would now be be chfront property.  I se rched fr nticly,

but resigned myself to the highly unple s nt t sk of se rching through

di pers in four to six hours, hoping to find, (thoroughly s nitize)  nd return

my missing keys.  H ving to complete  n  rticle in less th n three hours, I

found myself more underst nding of the predic ment th t   P ul Sheldon

suffered through in Stephen King’s cl ssic, “Misery”.  Stumbling through

wh t I h d  lre dy written, I h d to rewrite without the missing letters.  My

 diction ry  nd thes urus  uickly bec me my best friends.  I m n ged to

m ke it just in time to meet my de dline, but the lesson w s le rned.  If

you w nt to find out which letters  re dispos ble, turn your b ck on   room

full of toddlers, they’ll help you find out re l  uick.  I hope to eventu lly

find my missing keys.  I fe r they  re in the place I suspected.  Will I

return them to their home on my keybo rd?  I’ll never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment